Free School Meals
Can we help each other?
You will be aware that under the new government “Universal Free School Meals” scheme all children in Years R – 2 are entitled to a free meal every school day.
Did you know that if you receive certain benefits, your child’s school can get additional money to support his/her learning?
You must receive one of these benefits to qualify:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (not including Work Tax Credit) – if the household income is below £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- An income-related Employed and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum act 1999
You may be asked for proof of benefit if you apply.
We would really appreciate you applying for Free School Meals, even those in Years R – 2 and those who do not want to eat school dinners as your children will greatly benefit from the extra funding. We can also then offer support such as subsidised Breakfast Club, school trips and uniform.
There is no stigma attached to families receiving Free School Meals so please help us if you can.
Please click below to apply online.. Paper copies can be obtained from the School Office.
Please do not hesitate to talk to myself or our Family Liaison Officer, Karen Rodriguez, about any concerns.
Thank you for your support.