Overall Objective – To develop the pedagogical approaches in PE lessons
At Stone St Mary’s C.E. Primary School, all our children partake in an inspiring and creative curriculum in all subjects, which allows them to develop knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm in their learning. This is applied to our PE curriculum. This then ensures that our children leave Stone St Mary’s physically educated along with the knowledge, skills and motivation required for them to lead a healthy, active lifestyle. This enthusiasm will help them with leading a healthy lifestyle as well as participating in physical activity and sport. Our children have many opportunities to find their sport and have the chance to represent our school in a wide range of tournaments, opportunities and after school clubs. Our vision and values within our school are linked to our overall teaching of PE, ensuring collaboration, perseverance in a caring environment where knowledge and skills can grow.
Below are our expectations for the end of each key stage:
End of EYFS Statement:
End of Key Stage 1 Statement:
End of Key Stage 2 Statement:
Useful PE websites
Below are some links that you may find useful to use at home:
For P.E. the children need black shorts or black joggers/leggings, a t-shirt in the colour of their house and trainers. Black joggers and t-shirts/polo shirts can be purchased through the School Uniform shop, which have the school logo embroidered on.
Children can wear their school jumper or a black hoodie too in the winter months.
Extra-curricular for PE
At Stone St Mary's we offer a range of extra-curricular activities for our children to take part in, such as:
- Netball for Years 4 to 6 - Monday with Miss Groves
- Just Dance for Key Stage 1 and 2 - Monday with Miss Wibberley
- Circuit Training for Years 2 to 4 - Monday with Ms Robson
- Boys Football for Year 5/6 - Monday with Mr Druce
- Mixed Football for Year 3/4 - Monday with Dartford FC
- Girls Football for Years 4 to 6 - Monday with Miss Jarman
- Speed Stacking for Key Stage 1 - Monday with Ms Avent
- Circuit Training for Years 3 and 4 - Monday
- Rounders for Key Stage 2 - Tuesday with Miss Butler and Miss Sharp
- Cricket for Years 4 to 6 - Tuesday with Mr Thew
- Kickboxing for Key Stage 2 - Thursday with Mrs Horsefield
- Yoga for Year 2 and Key Stage 2 - Friday with Miss Davis
- Karate for Years 3 and 4 - Friday with Mrs Thajeeban
- Boys Football for Year 5/6 - Friday with Mr Druce
On a Monday and Thursday, Wave Gymnastics are at Stone St Mary's and offer an after-school club.
Clubs we have previously had at Stone:
- Tag Rugby
- Soft Archery
- Football for Year 1 and 2
- Keep Fit